Label Impressions specializes in innovative packaging, including custom cannabis packaging. Cannabis Labels, packaging and label application presents unique, ever changing challenges. Utilizing our state of the art in-house lab, our on-site technicians are able to come to you to assess and enhance your application and filling process. We provide support, technical needs and around the clock service.
Secure Cannabis Packaging
Security solutions such as covert and overt identification through the use of 2D and 3D holograms and special invisible taggants enhance your custom cannabis packaging, securing your brand integrity and authenticating and protecting your ingredients.
Moisture, Heat, and Light
Moisture, heat, and light are the enemies of flower, oil and compounded THC and CBD products. We offer both off the shelf and custom constructions for barrier labels, pouches, blister packaging and sachets protecting both the integrity of your product and your consumers.
CA compliance update
Staying in compliance with state guidelines is essential for Proper cannabis labeling and packaging. Every state has their own laws to abide by for Cannabis packaging. It is essential that Cannabis companies ensure that all packages are tamper proof & child proof. Due to the laws that are constantly changing, businesses are forced to keep up with the new regulations being made to remain in compliance and to protect the safety and security of the general public. Please see below the new assembly bill for California:
Assembly Bill 266 was passed and includes the following regulations for packaging and labeling:
(a) Prior to delivery or sale at a dispensary, medical cannabis products shall be labeled and in a tamper-evident package. Labels and packages of medical cannabis products shall meet the following requirements:
- (1) Medical cannabis packages and labels shall not be made to be attractive to children.
- (2) All medical cannabis product labels shall include the following information, prominently displayed and in a clear and legible font:
- (A) Manufacture date and source.
- (B) The statement “SCHEDULE I CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE.”
- (C) The statement “KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND ANIMALS” in bold print.
- (D) The statement “FOR MEDICAL USE ONLY.”
- (E) The statement “THE INTOXICATING EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY BE DELAYED BY UP TO TWO HOURS.”
- (F) The statement “THIS PRODUCT MAY IMPAIR THE ABILITY TO DRIVE OR OPERATE MACHINERY. PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION.”
- (G) For packages containing only dried flower, the net weight of medical cannabis in the package.
- (H) A warning if nuts or other known allergens are used.
- (I) List of pharmacologically active ingredients, including, but not limited to, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), and other cannabinoid content, the THC and other cannabinoid amounts in milligrams per serving, servings per package, and the THC and other cannabinoid amounts in milligrams for the package total.
- (J) Clear indication, in bold type, that the product contains medical cannabis.
- (K) Identification of the source and date of cultivation and manufacture.
- (L) Any other requirement set by the bureau.
- (M) Information associated with the unique identifier issued by the Department of Food and Agriculture pursuant to Section 11362.777 of the Health and Safety Code.
- (b) Only generic food names may be used to describe edible medical cannabis products.
Get in touch with our team to learn more!